Wednesday, April 15, 2009

> Paulus? Again? Damnit.

After a 60-hour post NCAA title game sports strike (to avoid seeing Tyler Hansbrough's crubby hands on the sacred trophy), I am now officially disgusted again.

That is because Greg Paulus won't go the hell away. Duke's ex-point guard is now serious about pursuing football. While I'm not sure how I feel about a 4-year basketball player getting a fifth school year of eligibility for a different sport, I'm shocked that there is even any interest in him.

And of all things, he may end up at Michigan?! Rich Rodriguez is stretching here, isn't he?

Even moreso, there are apparently up to six NFL teams interested in Paulus, including the Packers, who worked him out last week. I realise that Paulus was the Gatorade Player of the Year as a high school quarterback in 2004, but he must have been God-like to have that as the only thing on his resume and potentially turning pro...or even quarterbacking a Big Ten team.

Today os ESPN's Pardon the Interruption, Tony Kornheiser and Bob Ryan questioned why, if he is so good, that Duke wouldn't want him as anything other than a potential wide receiver with no guarantees. Why would Duke football want him? One, they should already be sick of losers with that program. And two, the Duke basketball team didn't even want him. He went from potential savior to flop to bench boy.

The only reason I was happy to see Duke's basketball season end was because I didn't think I'd ever have to look at him again

I have been sick of Greg Paulus for years and that will never change. I only want to see him at Michigan or in the NFL for one reason: so I can see him get hit.

Other than that, go away Greg Paulus...I'm done with you.

No comments: