Tuesday, March 18, 2008

>Yay! It's Play-In Day!

The NCAA Tournament is officially hours away from starting, bringing in weeks of solid and almost non-stop basketball action (thank you CBS).

However, the first stop is brought to us by the wonderful people at ESPN when Mount Saint Marys do battle with Coppin State. And, if for no other reason, we should all watch this game to enjoy one of the best nicknames in college basketball.

Photobucket

I pray that The Mount not only beat Coppin State (that's my pick anyway), but that they also exterminate UNC in the first 16-over-1 upset ever. Because I hate UNC? Well, yeah. But also because there is simply nothing cooler than The Mount.

And while on some final pre-tournament business, I have to make note of what may be my favorite or least favorite recruiting news of all time. Coach K has decided to sign a player with a least pronounceable last name. Yeah, it is actually possibly.

World, meet Olek Czyz:

Photobucket

I don't even know how to pronounce this name. I'm guessing something like "Szzziz," but really have no idea. Our buddy Olek is a lean 6'7'' forward from Reno, Nevada and a 3-star recruit according to most scouting services.

And since when did Duke recruit guys that weren't McDonald's All-Americans? This is either going to make my next four years or wish that Greg Paulus had a younger brother. And if its the second one, then God help us all.

No comments: